Sunday 5 February 2012

THE BEGINNING...


This isn't my first attempt at blogging. I thought i would start this blog on the 1st of January (as all i did was stay home, cook and eat after swearing not to even put water to boil on said day), but somehow i didn't. I come from a family of caterers, my mother trained in Germany and my aunts more locally. At home we have a floor to ceiling book shelf of whatever recipe, cuisine or baked goods might titillate your palette but i have gone the other way; i read the recipe and go on and do it my way. Guess that's why i can't bake cos you must adhere to procedure or mess it up. I've always been one to scribble; i still to this day find doodles on scraps of paper here and there and wonder what state of mind (if at all within my senses) i must have been. But like all things if there is no real passion, after a while you just stop. 


I AM PASSIONATE ABOUT FOOD! You need to see me, hold a conversation with me, read my tweets and most of all visit me to know just how much. Even though my kitchen is no bigger than a match box, I've been told that "miracles come out of it" and i do believe it cos my friends don't bullshit! I do have some challenges with making deserts (and baking like i said earlier) but savoury food is my thing. Anything high in flavour with and extra kick of (cameroun/ghana/who really knows what its called) pepper is the one my heart loves and i have an extensive spice rack!


Last year i decided to follow in the footsteps of the women in my family and incorporate my very own food business. I have been taking orders from friends for almost 2 years; catering home meals and home birthdays parties, intimate valentine dinner of my friend Udy but i wanted more. I registered Crave's Corner and on Thursday 2nd February 2012 i had my Certificate in my hand. So join me as i take you through my kitchen experiments, successes and flops as well as other outdoor culinary experiences; from bukkas to fine restaurants.


A dear friend who loves food just as much as i do and who encouraged me to start this will be posting here as well. Cheers to great food!

13 comments:

  1. I am soooooo proud of you baby!!!! And yes, i cant wait to post as well!!!!
    Bravo honey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you hun. Now you have to keep my behind in line and make sure this keeps on going...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You go girl! Can't wait to see all your amazing recipes. Please I'm putting in a special request for efo, I need to learn it before I'm sent back to Aro. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. TWP, i've put it down on my must-do list. Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a fellow foodie, vodka lover and caterers daughter, I applaud you mightily for this. Jisike darling and more grease.

    ReplyDelete
  6. RIO, daalu. And for your tips and tricks, i thank you even more. Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your posts! I love food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I already sent something straight from my heart but over sabi nor gree me now the comment has vanished!! Why the fuck didn't I copy before I posted!?! Arrggh!! Anyway,the short form of the story is,I know what u're capable of and I have picked up a thing or two abt cooking from you.....you are an excellent cook and this is no hype cos I have tasted the goodness that comes out of that matchbox a.k.a kitchen of urs!!

    I'm proud of you for doing this and I have a nice long koboko waiting for you should u try not to keep this up!! Some of us are looking forward to picking up recipes frm here to entertain our Greek-Cypriot neighbours who think cos I'm black I have to eat bananas! Lol! Ok iKid!

    Don't give up on this! I'm so proud of the things u have achieved in recent times especially ur registration! God bless u!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cant wait to see what Crave's Corner has in store for me. Congrats and goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adura, SapphireChic & Emeka, thank you and i will try to post at least 4 times a week. Beams, i actually can't see myself stopping so keep that koboko back under your bed. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Crave you make cooking so simple as ABC. I have bookmarked your blog and you succeded in making me hungry. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much. Means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really good food blog. Visited many others. This is at the top with only one other. Keep this up. Really good stuff and different from the rest.

    ReplyDelete