Saturday 17 March 2012

HONEY OVEN GRILLED RIBS & GARLIC POTATOES...


It's been a crazy busy week and i've had no time for myself and have done absolutely no cooking. I started fantasizing about this meal on Thursday and ordered some fresh pork ribs. I decided to serve it with garlic Potatoes cos its one of my favorite ways to eat potatoes.

1kg pork ribs
Powdered spices - garlic, ginger, oriental 5 spice, salt, pepper, paprika, pork seasoning
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons bbq sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
a dash of vinegar
Potatoes
A knob of butter
Chopped parsley and spring onions

Mix all spices with the vinegar, soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar in a ziploc bag or big bowl. Add pork ribs and mix thoroughly, cover and pop in the fridge for 3 - 24 hours.

Turn on your oven and allow to heat up. Arrange pork on to oven grilling tray (no need to grease the tray cos the pork is already fatty and will release its oil as it cooks). Add honey and bbq sauce to the marinade left over and set aside.

Glaze the pork with the marinade/honey/bbq mix, grill on each side for about 15 minutes, glazing the other side as you turn it over.

While the pork cooks, peel potatoes and boil as normal. When it is ready to eat, drain out the water and leave a little at the bottom of the pot. Add your knob of butter, garlic and chopped parsley and spring onions. Let it cook for another 30 seconds and take it off the heat.

Serve with ribs.
:)


 I need to fix the lighting in my kitchen, it really isn't burnt... X_X
:p

3 comments:

  1. Must be the dark soy souce, but I like the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That too, Thanks for dropping a line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This I ate and I can testify that the ribs weren't burnt at all. The meat was ridiculously tender with the meat practically falling off the bone and the potatoes were a perfect accompaniment to the sweet and spicy ribs. This was one of my faves to be honest.... It the unashamed meat lover in me. *did I mention she gave me a takeaway pack* it's okay to envy me folks.

    ReplyDelete